Re: Thermal Energy

Umm. I don't think so , Cliff. Tim says that he defines "thermal energy"
as
"the total energy of the particles in a material -
both kinetic energy (vibrations and movement within and
between particles) and potential energy (determined by
forces that act within and between particles "
Jim Green

I guess the question boils down to what is meant by "energy of the
particles." To me that indicates a look internal rather than external. I
suppose as is often the case the idea could be communicated better.

Cliff Parker

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think. Niels Bohr