Re: Thermal Energy

I would say that the statement is true. The thermal energy
as described is internal and does not change because of the
motion of the object. A balloon does not get larger when it
is traveling down a highway at the speed limit. Why do you
ask?
Cliff,
My inclination ws it was true as well, but the text that I
am using (was given to use) for the 9th grade physical
science class is a bit unclear. About everything it says
about energy is always prefaced by "in most cases". I just
wanted the opinions of my valued colleagues.
Tim