Re: Thermal Energy

Is "Internal Energy" meant here? I am not sure what is
meant by "thermal energy"

Maybe - the text is unclear. The text defines thermal
energy as the total energy of the particles in a material -
both kinetic energy (vibrations and movement within and
between particles) and potential energy (determined by
forces that act within and between particles - I think that
means chemical bonds).