Re: Truck stopping distances?

I can attest to how difficult the 15 passenger vans are to control. I was
scared to death on a drive to Minneapolis from South Dakota in high winds on
a trip with a van full of students. I hope to never repeat the experience.

<snip>

. He also realized that
he couldn't slam on the brakes because the car behind would run
into the back of the van. Also, if he did swerve, the car behind
wouldn't know there was a deer and would have struck it, making
for a much worse accident. Fortunately, no humans were injured,
but the deer did not survive.

I can't resist making the obvious observation that the above is a
confessional that the following car was tail-gating.

Joel Rauber