Re: boundary conditions for relaxation method

kowalskil wrote:
An
interior cell always has four neighbors but a marginal
cell has only three neighbors. How to deal with marginal
cells when it comes to averaging? The only boundary
condition I want to impose is 0 and 100 volts on two cells
representing the electrodes. Margins must adjust to the
existence of the imposed DOP. I want to predict what
happens at the margins. Is this possible?

It darn well better be possible. If you haven't dealt
with the boundary conditions, you haven't solved the
problem.

There are a couple of good ways to do this. (I also
know of quite a few bad ways to do it, but let's not
discuss that :-)

Periodic boundary conditions will do the job here. This
is discussed, with an example spreadsheet, at
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/laplace.html
Search for the word "periodic" in that document.