Re: Flat conductors (was I need help).

"John S. Denker" wrote:

What part of "wavelength" did you not understand?

I considered a disturbance of the form
psi(t, x) = exp(-t/tau) sin(2pi x/lambda)
verified that it satisfied the equation of motion,
(not too near the boundaries) and solved for tau
as a function of lambda.

At my level of familiarity with physics no wavelength is
used to describe electrostatic or d.c. phenomena. That is
why I am confused. I suppose you are referring to a
transient adjustment of some kind. Whose equation of
motion and what kind of disturbance? You are most likely
correct but I can not follow what you are saying. But I
am always happy to learn new things.
Ludwik Kowalski