Re: smoldering irons

Well, for those of us who rely on 'low-end' soldering irons such as
the Ungar that Radio Shack sells etc. the tips aren't ferrous but
tinned copper.

Radio Shack sells a pair of long-lasting iron clad soldering iron
tips (64-2089) that will thread directly onto the end of their
replaceable heating element for $5.49.

This prevents the cheap Cu tips from dissolving over time.

At 10:29 PM -0500 on 2/19/02, John S. Denker wrote