Re: Conceptual Tests

Zeke wrote

I remember missing an SAT analogy back when I was a
kid. The pair was
MEDIAN:STREET. I had no idea what a median was, we
don't call them medians
here.

Which goes to show that "English" is not one uniform
language. Seems like another argument for less
reliance on SATs. And the reasoning that "other
immigrants had to cope" sounds like the justification
of medical residents and fellows working 36-48 hour
shifts ("we did it, so you have to as well"). John Barrere