Re: Series, Parallel, and Resistivity Equations

At 03:55 AM 2/19/02, you wrote:
Regarding Brian's W.'s comment:

>As usual, I found David's insight commanding. THIS time,
>I found it comprehensible too.

It's nice to know that I'm not always misunderstood by all of the
people all of the time.

>You will appreciate this is no criticism of David's
>expositions, but rather of my [lack of] mathematical sophistication.

Of course I expect that Brian's (and others') comprehension could
only be improved if I could somehow find a way to proofread better
and catch (*before* they are posted--afterward is somehow not a
problem) a higher percentage of those embarrassing typos that find
their way into my posts. Spelling errors aren't so much a problem
with a spell checker. It is finding the occasional word deletions,
incompletely performed phrase substitutions, edits where a word was
inserted in the wrong place in a phrase, etc., etc. that tend to be
the main problem. Sometimes when reading my own posts I shudder at
the grammatical nightmares that appear and which materially detract
from the comprehensibility of those posts.

It is strange how typo blindness is temporarily cured only by the
irreversible process of submitting a post to the mailing list
server.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu

I know grammatical/numerical blunders, and to recoin the phrase,
your roadblocks are no blunders.
It's not the slips which you often report as errata:
it's the exceptionally esoteric level at which you can conceptualize.

When you cleave strongly to concrete examples - you shine a light for
us peons!

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!