Re: Circuits for Dummies

The H&H LAB book is not TOO far a stretch for a physics instructor.
You WILL gain lots of PRACTICAL tips and such that make the 'theory'
much more real.

Forrest Mims' book are a bit light on the theory AND on the practical
tips. (But they ARE worth a look for simple sample circuits etc.)

At 12:06 PM -0500 on 2/14/02, Joseph Bellina wrote
I wouldn't call Horowitz basic in this situation. I thinks Sams is a
good idea...it will also have crediblity with the students.

joe

On Thu, 14 Feb
2002, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I believe the current "bible" is Horowitz and Hill "The Art of
Electronics". At the least it's mine. It is rather expensive, easily
available (if your near a U. that uses it), and very complete (even
discusses tubes!) The companion lab. manual also useful. (Hayes and
Horowitz) Student Manual for the Art of Electronics.

bc

(replaces the old Terman bible.)

Tina Fanetti wrote:

> Hi
> Does anyone know a good basic electronics reference book? I need so=
> me more background info on electronic circuits.
>
> I also need some more practical practice. I can do the theory but wa=
> tchin me wire one of these things is distressing.
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Fanetti
> Physics Instructor
> Western Iowa Technical Community College
> 4647 Stone Ave
> Sioux City IA 51102
> 712-274-8733 ext 1429

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. 219-284-4662