Re: Flat Earth

Then just what did Eratosthenes measure? Or is that an urban myth? I
didn't say that it *could* have been known 2350 years ago, I said it
*was* known 2350 years ago, at least by one man, who was pretty
well-known in his day, so his result probably would have been known,
at least to the educated classes at the time.

Well, actually, Folks, I was wondering about the world view somewhat before
1000BCE. Does anyone know what the Egyptians or the Babylonians or for
that mater the Chinese believed? Say 2 or 3000BCE?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen