Teaching by Inquiry

Hi again

The current theme in education and on this list is to teach by inquiry.
I'm having a couple problems.
1. I was never taught by inquiry so this is a big adjustment.
2. I am not sure what I am doing.
3. The students hate it. They would rather do traditional problems than inquiry.

If anyone has any references on some good background for teaching physics by inquiry I would be most greatful.

I have been using Peer Instruction and the McDermott Tutorials but I have the feeling I am not doing something right

Clear Skies
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429