Re: Ohm's Law

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
I take "Ohm's Law" to be that the resistance is independent of the
voltage.
Is this wrong?

Resistance depends on material and temperature of the materila, and the
shape of the object. The object has that property whether it is in a
circuit ot not.

I like Ohm's Law (one of the most limited laws we teach) stated as : I =
V/R . It is current that depends on the others. But then current,
dpendent on V and R, can cause temperature to change and thus R changes. I
do not think that make R a function of V.

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator
IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School