Re: No definition of weight

At 11:48 AM -0500 on 2/8/02, Joseph Bellina wrote
While I understand the reasoning for your concern and avoidance of the
word "weight" it seems to me that you cannot ignor that the word exists
in our students vocabulary. If you are concerned with
connecting their inclass learning with the world they live in, you have
to find a way to connect their concept of weight with something that
they talk about in class.

The US gummint, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to DEFINE the
words weight and mass to be synonymous!!!!

Thus, canned goods can express their nt. wt. in grams and/or ounces.

The NIST web site would have the 'Official' US position on using these words.
--