Re: definition of weight (again)

At 1:37 PM -0500 2/7/02, Rick Tarara wrote:
Sorry Larry, but you're not about to get consensus here. There are at least
two camps (with straddlers). One can be logical and consistent in
describing phenomenon from either point of view. There are advantages and
disadvantages to both.

I know. I understand the pros and cons. But on this list we've said many
times that definitions are by convention and the point of using words is to
communicate. Having competing definitions (even if each has some
advantages and is internally consistent) isn't helpful. Let's pick the set
of advantages and disadvantages we'd rather live with and just decide to
all use the same definition.

Can't we even agree that it is a vector?

Larry