Re: Car acceleration

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Robert Carlson wrote:

ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU writes:

1. Using pseudowork = change in KE

Fd = mv^2/2 => v = sqrt(2Fd/m)

If you are saying static friction is doing work, then how do you explain it
does no work on a disk rolling down an incline?

But I'm *not* saying that static friction is doing work here. I'm
saying it is doing pseudowork. It also does pseudowork (of the
negative gender) on a disk rolling down an incline.