Re: Whence Degeneracy Pressure?

At 11:47 AM -0500 on 1/30/02, John S. Denker wrote

Be carefule about the "pressure" part. We can't measure
the pressure unless the particles interact with the
container somehow.

I'm still trying to get things settled in my mind.
Astronomers speak of 'pressure broadening' of spectral lines.
Low pressure sodium lamps have a MUCH cleaner spectrum than do the
High Pressure variety.

Isn't this 'pressure broadening' evidence of the Pauli Condition?

If so, What container do stellar gasses interact with.
--