Re: Whence Degeneracy Pressure?

If you carefully maintain the distinction between the Hamiltonian and the
wave function, the answer is no. The statistics usually appears as a
property of the wave-function. In second quantized Hamiltonians the
statistics is embodied in the commutation or anti-commutation properties
of the creation and destruction operators. But, hey, what did I say about
the ambiguity of the question!
Regards,
Jack