Re: Physics for Electricians

You're not giving us much of a clue as to what is in the catalogue.
If you start with what they know -circuits, presumably - you can get to
light. Light comes either from heating filaments or from semiconductors
(as in LED's). There's plenty of physics in either topic.

Waves, you'll need some background mechanics. Your people presumably
understand AC, but maybe not how it's generated. But if you start with
the physics of capacitors and inductors, you'll be talking about things
that they have some familiarity with from a practical viewpoint.

The topic of waves gives you a connection with light physics (no pun) -
interference, diffraction, etc. Then you can get into coherence and
incoherence, and eventually lasers.

There are "practical" books on most of these topics. Beginning
electricity -for review- was nicely covered in the Radio Amateur's
Handbook of a couple of decades ago -check your local library.

But start by reviewing things that these people presumably know. That's
a nice way to let students know that they've picked the right course.
Regards,
Jack