Re: First EM lab

on 14/1/02 12:45 AM, Herbert H Gottlieb at herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM wrote:

In that case, since I found that the height of the charged pen is
exactly 3.28159 centimeters (+/- 0.0002 rch), what is my percent error
for this EM lab exercise? Did I get a grade of A on this lab or should I
give up and drop the course now??

Herb

Herb, tremendous precision with that measurement (let's not worry about
accuracy). Let's see the rest before awarding grades.

BTW, this homework is all at the level of ball-park accuracy. T he
polarizabilty will be about 10^-40 or 10^-41 SI units (which I won't write
out as they are a bit unwieldy in this e-mail format)

Brian McInnes