From: "Tina Fanetti" <FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 3:54 PM
Subject: Making salt water

Okay
I want to do an lab in which the students find the index of refractio=
n of different liquids.

I would like them to find the index of refraction of salt water..like=
the ocean salt water...

I looked it up and sea water has 35,000 ppm of salt.

How in the world do I make this useful...like you know in liters or s=
omething

Thanks
Tina Fanetti

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429