Re: Bernoulli's equation

I don't think one ought to associate the concept of "back
pressure" with Bernoulli's equation since it requires
distinguishing between "upstream" and "downstream", something
Bernoulli's equation manifestly does not do. Consider the
following question:

An ideal fluid flows through the pipe shown below. Where is the
pressure highest and why?
--------
\ /

/ \