Re: workload's effect on quality

Thanks to Joel for hitting the nail squarely on its head -- I want added under
"discipline problem..." students who are required to take the course and are
overtly hostile to the teacher.

bc

P.s. Especially the second paragraph.

"RAUBER, JOEL" wrote:

To answer such a question, it is first necessary to define the terms
"quality" and "teaching load". You are correct in stating
that it is
very difficult to define and quantify the term "quality". But it is

3. The total number of underachievers, discipline problems,
culturally
deprived,
emotionally deprived, and academically deprived students in
your classes
each day?

I don't understand this one.

I'll take a stab at this one. Certainly when you have special needs
students you have to work more than if you don't have special needs students
and hence your workload is harder.

BTW my take on the original question is that workload's impact on teaching
is self-evident by anyone who has ever done teaching and anyone who doesn't
admit as much is dancing to a different tune other than quality. Most
likely they are dancing to the budgetary tune.

Joel Rauber