From: John Mallinckrodt [mailto:ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:42 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Park City Paradox ?

[snip]
So it is true that as gamma goes to infinity the force goes to
zero and *if* gamma could *equal* infinity the force would *be*
zero. However, I think of this as mostly being an effect of time
dilation. The separation that takes place in the electron frame
takes place by *their* clocks. Since we see their clocks running
slow by a factor of gamma, we observe the separation process
running slow by the same factor. We interpret that observation in
terms of a reduced lateral force. Since "time stops" for v = c,
no separation would be observed.