Re: pre/post scores vis-a-vie 7/11/01

I gave the FCI as a pre- and post-test in my
intro physics class this fall. The Hake g-factor for
the class was 0.56 - about the same gain as in previous
years. So, based on FCI scores (and overall quiz and
exam scores), I didn't see 9/11 having a noticeable
effect on student performance.

Vic DeCarlo
DePauw University

kyle forinash wrote:

I noticed my classes post scores on the FCI that last semester was much
lower than in years past. I was discussing this with someone and they
suggested that the events of Sept. 11 may have had an effect on student
performance. We do not have enough classes here to either verify or
disprove this idea. Is there anyone on the list who does? Has anyone else
noticed a change in post FCI scores last semester that would indicate a
significant difference from previous years?

kyle
Life is too short to sort socks.
kyle forinash kforinas@ius.edu
http://Physics.ius.edu/