Looking for work.

Greetings!

I am looking for a full-time teaching position in physics, ideally at a community college, a college leave replacement position or at a college-preparatory high school.

I am currently living on a farm in rural Nova Scotia. I have taught university, college and high school physics and math, and have worked as a physics consultant, engineer, programmer and medical physicist.  My current interest is physics education research, and I am doing some reading and writing on student preconceptions as part of a Modeling Methods Action Research Team on an integrated Chemistry and Physics curriculum.

Recently I have received substantial training in - and have had some teaching experience with - modern constructivist methods: Modeling Instruction (four courses at ASU and U of Central Florida) and the Key Curriculum Press curriculum (Discovering Geometry and Discovering Algebra).   I have also taught from CW Camp and JJ Clement's "Preconceptions in Mechanics".  The position I am looking for would be one where my use of modern research-based constructivist curricula such as these will be encouraged and fully supported.

I will be in Philly for the AAPT meeting, and would be able to meet with designated representatives of any interested schools there, so if any suitable opportunities for me should come to mind it would be good if you could help us get in contact as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you want to see my resume, academic CV, list of references or list of publications.

Thanks.

Chris Horton

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Christopher A. Horton, Ph.D.
4158 RR#3 (Hwy. 204)
Amherst, NS B4H 3Y1
CANADA
ChrisAHorton2@hotmail.com
(902) 447-2109

"Many discoveries are reserved for ages still to come, when memory of us will have been effaced.  Our universe is a sorry little affair unless it has in it something for every age to investigate ... Nature does not reveal her mysteries once and for all."
- Seneca, "Natural Questions", first century, quoted by Carl Sagan in "Cosmos", p.xi.