Re: An eyes exam

At 04:03 PM 12/29/01, you wrote:
During an eyes exam I recognized all letters in the first three
rows with the left eye but not the letters in the fourth row. The
same happened with my right eye. But all letters in the fourth
row became clearly recognizable when both eyes were open.
The doctor said that this is the synergetic (sp?) effect. I am
trying to reproduce this at home but it is not as dramatic as in
his office. Perhaps this strange effect is font-dependent or
illumination-dependent. Any comments?
Ludwik Kowalski

This URL leads one to expect an 11% or a half line improvement
on a visual chart on average for binocular versus monocular testing.

<http://www.lighthouse.org/research_acuity.htm>

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!