Re: Essential Physics Books

In a message dated 12/19/01 4:11:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US writes:

<< Hi
the library where I teach at is in sore need of physics books. They =
have like 5. They have asked me for recommendations.

Keeping in mind that most of the students here are freshman/sophomore=
intro students, what would you consider to be essential physics book=
s to have? >>

Here is one suggestion. A book I have personalty found invaluable for anyone
looking for a basic text on QM is "An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics " by
A. P. French & Edwin F. Taylor. This is very clearly written and is very
comprehensive.

Bob Zannelli