Thermo book emergency

The campus bookstore has just informed me that the book I wanted to use
for next semester's thermo course (Espinola, "Introduction to
Thermophysics", which I've used for several years) is now out of print, so
I have to choose a different one.

Based on a quick look at my examination copies, Carter's "Classical and
Statistical Thermodynamics" (Prentice Hall, 2001) looks like it might be
my best choice. Have any of you all used it and can give some quick
impressions?

The other candidates on my shelf are Sears and Salinger (which I used
briefly several years ago; old, dry, and tough reading for my students),
Zemansky and Dittman (a bit old, but I could probably use it), and Pitzer
(more for chemists than physicists). Carter is new (2001) and seems to be
concise but readable.

--
Jon Bell <jtbell@presby.edu> Presbyterian College