Turning radius

Some students at my school are building a car for a mileage competition.

They came to me to ask how they could calculate a turning radius and itseems
to me that the relevant variables are the wheelbase and the angle that the
front wheels can be turned from straight ahead. However, I was not able to
justify a numeric answer or come up with a formula.

I suspect such things exist.
Any help out there?

Jim Braunsdorf