Re: non-vectors

Note that I was not asked to "define" a vector, nor
did I attempt to do so. I mentioned some examples, and
I mentioned the transformation properties because I
was answering a question about the transformation
properties.

Understood and noted, I just thought it was useful to clarify that for
others. As I have heard people to claim to define them by transformation
properties and I thought you might be easily misinterpreted.

If I were going to define a vector, I would say something
about a normed Euclidean space. The transformation
properties are not the axioms of the space, but are fairly
direct consequences of the axioms.