Re: ENERGY WITH Q

I wrote: "To respect traditional terminology the Q of
calorimetry should be called heat."

Carl E. Mungan responded:

This comment mystifies me. I only recognize one kind of heat.
If calorimetry is a "non-thermodynamic" example of heat, please
provide a "thermodynamic" example. I think I will be able to
convince you that any thermodynamic example you can come
up with can be reduced to an equivalent calorimetric process.

In calorimetry heat is a form of energy. It is something that
an object can either receive or loose, for example "by conduction."
The naive fluid-like model of heat is later replaced by a better
model (heat is a change in thermal molecular energy, or
something equivalent). But in thermodynamics heat is not
a form of energy.

As I wrote before, two different concepts deserve two
different names. If the term "pseudowork," for W of the
Second Law, is accepted then the corresponding Q can be
named "pseudoheat". What is wrong with this? Personally
I would prefer shorter names, such as "hope" and "drop."
Please help to invent better short names for W and Q
appearing in the formula for First Law of thermodynamics.

Carl also wrote:

At this point, I'm just repeating. But one last time: ...

I hope he will continue contributing to this interesting debate.
Ludwik Kowalski