Re: Graphing d vs t

At 09:03 PM 11/12/01 -0500, Hugh wrote:
...I agree that that will almost
always put the time on the abscissa, since we are usually interested
in slopes that are with respect to time. I can probably think of some
really obscure occasions when you might want time on the ordinate (I
sure hope you're using those two words right, Brian, because I can
never remember which is which, so I'm relying on you for this one).

Hugh Haskell

Once your tutor has said 'abscissa' (between clenched teeth,)
and 'ordinate' (in a prognathous leer), you never forget.

Have I mentioned that parents aside, teachers have the sole distinction
of altering people's lives, and staying fresh in the mind for ever?

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!