Re: Mini-volcano

At 11:34 AM -0700 11/8/01, Jim Green wrote:
Phys-lers: My children now remind me that when they were young, I did some
demo for them which had to do with a mini-volcano -- a small pile of some
stuff with some sort of something inside which reacted in some way -- You
can see that the procedure is crystal clear in our minds currently. I
doubt that it was a fiery action -- I would not have put gun powder in a
pile of sand for example -- Maybe a frothy substance belched out of the
mound.

They now want to repeat this for their children -- Look what I have wrought!

Anyone have a hint about this???

<http://hometown.aol.com/ckckside/reports/volcanoes/vol1.htm>
<http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_models/models.html>
<http://chemistry.about.com/c/ht/01/07/How_Build_Volcano0995055603.htm?iam=dpile&terms=science+fair+volcano>