Re: Banked road

It is the interpretation of the observer that an outward force is acting
on him when he is in a rotating frame. What he actually feels is the
pressure between him and sides of the car. Since he knows that
he is not exerting any muscular effort to produce this pressure and
since he cannot bring himself to believe that an inanimate thing like
a car can exert such a pressure on him, he interprets that some
mysterious force is pushing him towards the sides of the car. This
he calls 'centrifugal force'.

regards,

Sarma.