Re: Physics Tests

Tina wrote:

B) How do I judge whether or not it is too long or hard for a first semester physics class?

There is a rule of thumb to determine whether a test is too long for a certain time period. Solve each problem of the test with complete procedure, all the details, and without rush. If it takes you 15 minutes to answer the test, students should solve it in about 60 minutes to solve it. A different source told me once that the ratio is about 1:5.

Wilson J. Gonzalez-Espada
Assistant Professor of Physical Sciences
School of Physical and Life Sciences
Arkansas Tech University
1701 N. Boulder Ave. (McEver Hall)
Russellville, AR 72801