Re: Physics Tests

It's a question about both.

I only have 2 experiences to draw from when it comes to testing in physics, my own undergraduate and my graduate experience.

As an undergraduate, I had 1 hour to do a 4 problem to solve test. My second undergrad physics class was variable number of problems mostly showing that this was so and deriving equations.

As a graduate assistant at ISU, the introductory physics classes had multiple choice tests.

So what I was wondering is
A) How do others format their tests?
B) How do I judge whether or not it is too long or hard for a first semester physics class?

Hope this clarifies
Tina