Re: Computers

I have had problems with upgrading on HP and Compac
computers. They seem to run fine as configured, but if
upgrading is done - a few years back our school system
had a lot of problems getting things to work. Maybe
things are differnet now. We now by from a local vendor.
We get good pricing and good service, but Celina is in the
middle of nowhere.

We want to update the computers in our general physics labs.
We need = something with 3 expansion slots and would like to
use flat screen di= splays to save space, and a "flat box"
type of computer rather than a=
tower. Any suggestions? Any type or brand we should avoid?

We're looking at Dell and Gateway, but have been told by our
tech peo= ple that there may be some problems with Dell on
our network.=20

John Milton
DePaul University, Chicago

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur