Re: Teaching loads

Mariam,

The American Association of Physics Teachers publishes guidelines for
High School, University and College, and Two Year College (TYC) physics
programs.

You can find the recently revised and updated guidelines for Two Year
Colleges at the following site.
<http://science.mccneb.edu/AAPT%20Area%20CPTYC_files/atycguidelines_2001
a.doc>

This is my working copy of the final draft (excuse the highlighted
sections) of the document which AAPT will publish save for a few
modifications. The final version should be available any day. I hope to
have them up on the website soon. You may wish to contact Bill Hogan
who was the editor and driving force behind the revisions.
<whogan@jjc.cc.il.us>

All TYC's are different so no one guideline serves all. Every attempt
was made to accommodate this diversity and define very general
guidelines for developing and/or assessing programs.

There is a substantial section there on faculty loads.

Hope this helps,

Bill Waggoner
Chair of the AAPT Area committee -Physics in the Two Year College