Re: Paint the Moon

Another thought: To put most of the beam on the reflector, we can use
sin theta = 1.22 lambda/D
with sin theta = theta (in rad) = about 1/(800 million)
and lambda = about 400 nm
to show the diameter of the aperture of the laser pointer would have to be
about 400 meters! I think I'll use this for a problem in Physics II in a
few weeks.