Re: HISTORY (was: ENERGY BEFORE Q)

CORRECTED (2*m*g*h not m*g*h/2)

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Jim Green wrote:

Hence "energy" was not originally "defined" in terms of "work",
but I don't know that I would say that "work" is defined in terms
of energy. The work/energy principle is derived. But, yes,
energy came first, but had the form of mv^2, not 0.5mv^2

If we identify KE with "vis viva" (m*v^2) then potential energy
would have to be 2*m*g*h. Otherwise KE+PEgrv would not
remain constant. Right?
Ludwik Kowalski