From: Richard Hake [mailto:rrhake@EARTHLINK.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 4:56 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Location of Alan Cairns's SciEd Site

Pat Cooney recently informed me that Alan Cairns's site "SciEd:
Science and Mathematics Education Resources" is now at
<http://newton.physics.wwu.edu:8082/jstewart/scied/science.html>.

A note at the bottom of the first page states: If you wish to make a
comment or submit a link for this page please send mail to
<scied@bootes.astro.washington.edu>.

In my opinion, "linkrot" is a bane of internet communication and
seriously impedes its educational use. It would help if webmasters
would leave forwarding addresses to the new URL's at abandoned or
dysfunctional URL's such as
<http://www-hpcc.astro.washington.edu/scied/physics.html>
and <http://newton.physics.wwu.edu:8082/jstewart/scied/mypage.html> /
"SciEd: Science Education Resources" where "/" means "click on."

24245 Hatteras Richard Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>