Re: Weight and Mass

Hi Tina and all-
No one seems to have asked this question: Why did you try to explain
the difference between weight and mass? What was the context that called
for the explanation? Arons emphasized the importance of:
1. Concept first, name later.
2. Wait until you need a concept before introducing it.

We often introduce the notion of mass along with the notion of momentum.
Momentum is usually discussed in the context of collisions.
When do we HAVE to differentiate between mass and weight? Probably not
as early as you tried to do it?
Regards,
Jack