Re: Physics for Ninth Graders/ practicality?

Not when state certification includes silly requirements that have nothing to
do with teaching

bc

SSHS KPHOX wrote:

The comments about teaching Physics First and what happens in Elementary
classes has some application to this discussion. Our Physicscal science
teachers have some knowledge of Physics, perhaps, but I am often saddened
by the conceptual holes they have and even the misconceptions. Most are
still Aristoltelean (sp?) in their thinking. They would falter on the FCI.

Do we have the personnel to teach a conceptually sound 9th grade Physics
class?

Just wondering.

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator