Re: Coupled Pendulums

The experiment is in Part B of the BPL (B-5).  The description is concise and non-abstruse for the pendulua coupled with a spring (constant k) el from the support.  After this development the experiment is with two coupled L-C resonant circuits driven by a sinusoidal osc. and viewed with a LTB o'scope.  X-Y phase plots would be interesting.

As part of an abstruse general discussion, Marian discusses specifically pendulua, spring, and R-L-C coupled oscillators.  What "you get" may vary with the ed.

bc

P.s. I'll mail a copy (7 pp.) to the interested, as BPL may be difficult to obtain.

Arnulfo Castellanos Moreno wrote:

Equations to describe this problem are discussed in Berkeley Physics Course
Vol III. They are similar
to equations describing  a resonance in NH_3, as can be seen in
one of the Feynamn volume (Lectures Notes ...)
Besides, there are another resonance with the same
equations in elementary particles,  but I do not remember that now.
Somebody knows?

Arnulfo Castellanos M.