Re: Choosing Coordinate Systems

I'm not sure they would understand in the circular motion case that the
intended motion is toward the center...since motion, a vague term at
best, generally means velocity, or more vaguely "where it is going". It
seems to me that your have simply replaced the word acceleration with
"intended motion", which may be useful since they have trouble with the
concept of acceleration. Or it may not, since now there are two sets of
words being used for the same concept, and one set, "intended
motion" could be confused with velocity.

joe

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Michael