Re: Choosing Coordinate Systems

From: Tina Fanetti <FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US>

When you doing force problems/examples for your students, how do you explain why you choose the coordinate system you do? I told them I pick the coordinate system that will make it easy.

...where "it" refers specifically to the math involved. All coordinate systems are equal, but some are more mathematically convenient to use than others.

Cheers,
Joe

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.