Re: classroom analysis of disasters

Tina Fanetti wrote:

I agree. Now 10 years from now it might be ok in advanced classes bu=
t for an intro class within the week no and no.

Some one wants me to give a talk on it. I was like forget it. If so=
meone comes to me in private and asks then I will answer but to make =
it a classroom exercise is unfeeling.
And it isn't like you can't get other videos of building collapsing. =
=20

And Larry is right, we are trying to encourage students especially fe=
males to study physics.

I wonder if this is sexist? Naa, women are different.

bc

Analyzing this video in class is not going t=
o do that.

I think we are professional and mature enough to due this but I doubt=
are students. I do this in class and my students are going to hate =
me even more.

Just my $.02 =20

Tina=20

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429