Re: Structural failure of NY's WTC

--- Larry Smith <Larry.Smith@SNOW.EDU> wrote:
Any speculation on whether the hijackers anticipated the total
collapse of
the towers?

I think I read somewhere that bin Laden was trained as an architectural
engineer. If that is so, he might have considered the possibility of
the tower's steel support posts losing their strength by exposure to
extreme temperatures for an extended time.

But I give that a low probability. I'm afraid he and his fellow bottom
feeders were pleasantly surprised at the extent of the devastation they
caused.

Paul O. Johnson