Re: little gee and its sign

Oh my. Folks we are talking about an intro class and the
first few weeks of the class with the introduction of the
topic of dynamics -- and you want to present the concept of
a field????

I talk about fields both gravitational and electric (I seldom
get to talk about magnetic). I don't try to do field
mathematics, but I talk about automatic transmissions
and we don't try to build one from scratch either.